The Arts of Healing at Houston River Oaks District November 9th
October 29, 2017
The Arts of Healing at Houston River Oaks District November 9th

 



For just one evening, local Houston doctors will put away their scalpels, stethoscopes and lab coats – all in the name of charity.  The inaugural “The Arts of Healing” art festival will take place on Thursday, Nov. 9 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at River Oaks District. During the evening, 28 doctors from Texas Medical Center will come together to share their artistic talents, from physician musicians to physician artists and photographers.   “Art is a way of expression. The balance that science and art creates allows me a different perspective and capturing of facts,” said Dr. Isaac Raijman, who co-founded The Arts of Healing Foundation with his wife, Lori Raijman.  Each doctor will share an artistic talent inside a River Oaks District boutique. Additionally, a percentage of purchases from each store that evening and weekend will benefit The Arts of Healing Foundation.  Participating retailers include: Etro, Akris, Tom Ford, Dolce Gabbana, Giuseppe Zanotti, Roberto Cavalli, Harry Winston, Chopard, John Lobb, Oliver Peoples, Baccarat, Alice + Olivia, Baanou, John Hardy, De Boulle and more.



This year, the Foundation will donate 80 percent of the proceeds to Houston Pancreatic Cancer Research and the remaining 20 percent to PanCan. Guests can also make donations via the giving app, YouCaring.



The Arts of Healing Foundation is a physician-based organization whose primary purpose is to raise money and awareness for various diseases through representations of physicians’ personal art talents to the local community. The Foundation desires to create shared experiences in which physicians and the community empower each other to make lives healthier, that bridge the medical community and the local community, and deepen those connections.



“We’re honored to be the venue for such a distinguished representation of Houston’s finest in the medical community and to be able to support The Arts of Healing Foundation in a unique and meaningful way,” said Jennifer Rivera, marketing manager for River Oaks District.



ARTICIPATING DOCTORS AND THEIR PARTNERING RIVER OAKS DISTRICT STORE INCLUDE:

Dr. Shanda Blackmon, Surgeon and painter, Dolce Gabbana



Dr. Christina Boccalandro, Endocrinologist and photographer, AKRIS



Dr. Marcos Calderon, retired Radiologist, gemstones, Roberto Cavalli



Dr. John Cangelosi, Dermatopathologist and photographer, TBD



Dr. Carl Dahlberg, Pulmonologist and pianist, Van Cleef and Arpels



Dr. Mark Dannenbaum, Neurosurgeon and percussionist, Brunello Cucinelli



Dr. Julius Danziger, Radiologist and painter, Chopard



Dr. William Fisher, Surgeon and medical liaison for The Arts of Healing



Dr. Joseph Galati, Hepatologist and photographer, Tom Ford



Dr. Khashayar Hematpour, Cardiac Electrophysiolgist and musician, De Boulle



Dr. CT Hu, Family practitioner and painter, Diptyque



Dr. Stephen Incavo, Orthopedic surgeon and clarinetist, De Boulle



Dr. Azita Madjidi, Plastic surgeon and dancer, Baanou



Dr. Frank Mahzari, Internist and painter, Vince



Dr. Sanjay Mehta, Radiation oncologist and musician, Harry Winston



Dr. Dean Moore, ER physician and altoist, Brunello Cucinelli



Dr. Jay Murthy, Pulmonologist and photographer, Giuseppe Zanotti



Dr. Jessica Parsons, Dermatologist and painter, Alice and Olivia



Dr. Charles Phan, Gastroenterologist and painter, Theory



Dr. Berkely Powell, retired Plastic Surgeon and photographer, Canali



Dr. Eric Powitzky, ENT otolaryngologist and evening band entertainment, Courtyard



Dr. Isaac Raijman, Gastroenterologist and painter, Etro & John Hardy



Dr. Patrick Reardon, Surgeon and photographer, Dior



Dr. Mary Shinn, Plastic surgeon and wearable art, Baccarat



Dr. Ron Tintner, Neurologist and guitarist and singer, Forty Five Ten



Dr. Todd Trask, Neurosurgeon and photographer, Kiton



Dr. Fernando Urrutia, Gastroenterologist and tequila master, John Lobb



Dr. Regina Verani, retired Pathologist and painter, Joie



Dr. Gretchen Zimmerman, Surgeon and pianist, Harry Winston


Media Contact
Stacie Ellis
(619) 321-1111
sellis@olivermcmillan.com
More