April 1, 2016
Houston's Shopping Insider: The Openings, Redesigns, and Celebrity Appearances You Need to Know About
Paper City Mag
Seattle-based resort-wear brand Tommy Bahama opened its second Houston location, this one at 4048 Westheimer Road in the bustling Highland Village shopping center. The 3,724-square-foot boutique houses the brand’s complete men’s, women’s, sportswear, swimwear, footwear and accessories lines, as well as an expanded home-decor collection.
The new store also welcomes guests with a sprawling lounge complete with complimentary wine, plus the expertise of personal shoppers.
River Oaks District shows no signs of slowing down. The open-air shopping complex confirms four more retail openings this spring, starting with the April debut of Dallas-based sports apparel store St. Bernard Sports. Popular cosmetics brand NARS will follow with its first free-standing Houston store in May. Lifestyle brand Roberta Roller Rabbit and women’s apparel brand Akris are also slated for May openings.
The Galleria continues on its road to mega expansion. The grand re-opening of Saks Fifth Avenuemarks the next big change for the mall, which recently debuted Miami-based boutique The Websterin its first-ever stand-alone jewel box structure. The new 200,000-square-foot, two-story Saks location will have everything from a cocktail bar to a revamped women’s department to a 20,000-square-foot cosmetics department, which will house the only Gucci Beauty in Texas.
The current Saks store will close on Wednesday, April 20, to make way for the grand re-opening on Thursday, April 28.
Women’s fitness apparel brand Athleta serves as another new tenant in The Galleria. The 3,164-square-foot boutique opens in June on level 2 in Galleria IV. Luxury brands Christian Louboutinand Céline will follow with openings in late 2016. This marks the first Houston boutique for Christian Louboutin and Céline.
Don’t miss these upcoming trunk shows and personal appearances:
Uptown Park boutique Elizabeth Anthony adds designer Christian Siriano to its sprawling luxury inventory. The store fêtes the new addition with a personal appearance by the designer himself on Thursday, March 10, and Friday, March 11, where he will present his Spring 2016 collection. Siriano will also be the special guest fashion designer at this year’s Passion for Fashion Luncheon at River Oaks Country Club, which benefits Houston Community College’s Consumer Arts and Sciences Center of Excellence.
• Tuesday, March 8 — Wednesday, March 9: Paolo Costagli Trunk Show • Precious Jewels Salon, Level One
• Thursday, March 10: Lafayette 148 Elevated Event • Sport Shop, Level Three
• Thursday, March 10: David Yurman Event • Designer Jewelry, Level One
• Thursday, March 10 — Friday, March 11: Mimi So Personal Appearance • Precious Jewels Salon, Level One
• Friday, March 11: Michele Watch Trunk Show • Designer Jewelry, Level One
• Saturday, March 12: John Hardy Trunk Show • Designer Jewelry, Level One
• Wednesday, March 16: CUSP Panel Presentation • Level Three
• Wednesday, March 16 — Thursday, March 17: Giorgio Armani Antonio Costa Event • Cosmetics, Level One
• Friday, March 18: Daniel Wingate of Escada Personal Appearance • Designer Sportswear, Level Two
• Wednesday, March 23: Zac Posen Trunk Show • Couture Salon, Level Two
• Tuesday, March 29 — Friday, April 15: Precious Jewelry Estate Trunk Show • Precious Jewels Salon, Level One
• Wednesday, March 30: Giorgio Armani Trunk Show • Couture Salon, Level Two
• Wednesday, March 30: Armani Collezioni Trunk Show • Designer Sportswear, Level Two
• Thursday, March 31 — Friday, April 1: Brioni Master Tailor Event • The Man’s Store, Garden Level
Saks Fifth Avenue
• Wednesday, March 16: Konstantino Jewelry Trunk Show
• Thursday, March 24 — Friday, March 25: Phillips House Jewelry Trunk Show
• Friday, March 25 — Saturday, March 26: Piranesi Jewelry Trunk Show
• Thursday, March 31 — Friday, April 1: Katy Briscoe Jewelry Trunk Show
• Thursday, March 31: Lafayette 148 Event with Special Guest Dan Lawson, costume designer for the hit TV series The Good Wife
Through Sunday April 17: Italian pop-in shop, in partnership with the Italian Trade Commission
Find the original article here